As Christmas draws near so does the Summer of Fun. Eight days of swimming races, beach sports and extracurricular activities. As always this year will see the introduction on some new events that will test not only the physical skills of contestants but their mental ability as well. More on these later.
Now I have your attention! Yes – the wine is free and is of high quality.
Every year at the end of the Summer of Fun Terry Carroll hands out bottles of wine to those who help out at the festival. So if you have some spare time over the Xmas period and want to hop on the wine wagon please email us email me or add your name to the ‘Helper’ poster which will be placed in the front club room at the beginning of December.
Being a helper allows you to meet and integrate with the active members and get an insight into what makes the BBC such a great club. We need helpers for the following events;
- Assisting at the start and finish of the races, this is not too onerous as you will be working with seasoned professionals.
- Helping registration of the starters
- The fun races –- Swuddle, Boardshorts race, relays, grandchild relay, Calcutta
- Golf, Bowls, Wine Tasting, Self-Improvement Breakfast
- We need a video whiz and a social media expert. Hence anyone with teenage children who would like to demonstrate their skills – happy to bring them on board. Free I-tunes passes for anyone under legal drinking age.