INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPATION in the Annual General Meeting of the Balmoral Beach Club Limited on 15th September2021, commencing at 7pm
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) this year will be held as a virtual meeting, using the Zoom videoconferencing service. There is no physical location for this year’s meeting. Members who have registered may join the virtual meeting by Zoom, using a suitable computer or mobile device. This virtual meeting is authorized under The Corporations Act 2001, even though the Club’s Constitution does not make provision for it, following an amendment which became law on 14th August 2021.
JOINING THE VIRTUAL MEETING
To participate in the Zoom AGM, you must have registered by 8th September 2021. Every eligible member who registered has been sent a confirmation email (the sender is firstname.lastname@example.org). If you cannot find your confirmation Email, please check in your Junk or Spam folder.
To join the AGM, click on the blue “JOIN MEETING” button in your confirmation email, from 6.50pm on the day of the meeting. You can also copy the link below the button and paste it into your browser, then click to join. Your join link is unique and cannot be used by multiple participants.
Please note: You cannot simply enter the Meeting ID and Passcode into your Zoom App to gain access to the meeting. You must use the link provided in your Confirmation email.
If you are new to Zoom, you may be asked to install a Zoom app. If you do not wish to install this app, click the link on your screen – “Join from Your Browser”. The location of this link on your screen is illustrated in the adjacent sample screenshot. This will allow you to join the meeting, without the app, but with some limitation on Zoom features.
When you join the meeting, your microphone will be muted and your video will be ON. This will allow all other participants to see you. If you do not wish to be visible to other participants, you can turn your video off, by clicking on the “Start Video” icon on your screen. When there is a red slash through the words “Start Video”, your video is OFF and others cannot see you.
CONDUCT OF THE MEETING
The virtual AGM, over Zoom, will operate as follows:
- The AGM will be chaired by the Club President, Cathy Mackay.
- The meeting will be directed by the Club Secretary, Garry O’Sullivan.
- The “Zoom Host” will be Club member, Clive Mancey. Clive will manage the participation of attendees, in terms of the asking of questions, etc.
- The “ALT ZOOM HOST” will be Club member, Allan Bolton.
ASKING A QUESTION:
Over 100 members have registered for the Zoom AGM session. To facilitate the smooth running of the meeting, we request the following:
- If possible, could you please submit questions to the Club Secretary by email ahead of the meeting. email@example.com. Your question will be read and answered in the meeting.
- If you wish to speak during the meeting, you will be able to do so at certain times. To keep this orderly, we will use the “Raise Your Hand” feature of Zoom. To learn how to use this feature, watch this YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzUZeN2DGKE&feature=youtu.be If you wish to ask a question or make a comment, use the “Raise Your Hand” feature of Zoom, to register this. The “Zoom Host” will note your request and place you in a queue to be “unmuted” to speak. When your turn comes up, you will receive an invitation on your screen to “UNMUTE” your microphone. The Zoom Host cannot unmute you; you must click on the Microphone icon on your screen to unmute your microphone. You may then speak. Please keep your questions or comments concise.
VOTING ON A MOTION:
During the meeting, you will be invited to vote on the motion to admit Richard Morath as a Life Member of the Club. This vote will conducted as an electronic poll. You will be presented with a voting window on your device, as shown in the sample screenshot below.
Select your choice and click the Submit button which will appear:
GETTING ZOOM HELP BEFORE THE AGM:
- If you need help to become comfortable using Zoom, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, by Monday 13th Please note that we will not be able to provide Zoom help immediately before or during the AGM.
DOCUMENTS FOR THE 2021 AGM
The following documents can be found at the following links:
- The Agenda for the 2021 Annual General Meeting
- The Notice of Meeting, including the citation recommending admission of Richard Morath as an Honorary Life Member of the Club.
- The Consolidated Financial Statements for 2020/21
- The Minutes of the 2020 Annual General Meeting
We look forward to seeing you at the 2021 virtual Annual General Meeting.