Staying COVID Safe at the BALMORAL BEACH CLUB
Due to the current COVID pandemic, there are a number of restrictions currently in place at the Club.
The following sections explain the Rules and Procedures for use of the Club:
- General Rules
- Procedure for Use of Change Rooms
- Use of the Top Room
- Outdoor Areas/Barbecues
- Swim & Athletic Races
- Other BBC Activities
- BBC Update weekly emails
These Rules and Procedures will be updated, from time to time as circumstances change.
- Please don’t come to the Club if you are unwell or have been with anyone who is unwell and please notify the Club immediately if you have tested positive for COVID-19 if you have been at the Club
- Maintain 1.5m social distancing at all times on Club premises. We will initially be allowing only 20 members into each change room at a given time. There are limited showers availa-ble for use in these spaces too.
- Entry and Exit will only be from the side gate on the northern side of the Club that Nippers usually use. Guest Services will be on the gate from 5.45am – 10am.
- Members must check in and out with Guest services on entry and exit of the Club for con-tact tracing purposes. Date, time, name and contact number will be recorded.
- Members must follow the Covid-19 safe hygiene guidelines. Hand sanitising stations must be used before entering the change rooms and can be used on exit.
- Members are encouraged to shower and change quickly and efficiently so that all members can gain access to the facilities.
- Please read and abide by the following procedure:
Procedure for Use of Change Rooms
- Arrive at Club ready to swim and enter the Club from the northern side gate only.
- Check in with Guest Services. If there are a number of you turning up at the same time please ensure the 1.5m social distancing. Please use hand sanitiser on entry.
- Drop your bag/belongings in lower courtyard, again abiding by the 1.5m social distancing guidelines. Benches have been positioned to easily accommodate your gear.
- Exit the Club at the same side gate to go for your swim or take your exercise.
- Re-enter the Club at the side gate and check with Guest Services to see if there is space for you to enter the change room. If the change room is full you can wait in the courtyard for a space to become available. (N.B. One outdoor shower can also be used)
- Once you have been given the go-ahead by Guest Services, you can then collect your bag and enter the change room.
- Inside the change room, please find a place marked by a yellow cross on the benches and proceed with showering and changing.
- If you use the wash basins please wipe them over with disinfectant wipes supplied.
- When you leave the change room please check out with Guest Services.
- Exit the Club from the same gate you entered on the Northern side.
We are currently running a trial of extended Club opening hours. We would like to stress that our procedure will be open to change and expansion in the coming weeks once we see how the trial approach works and how well members comply.
We have chosen the times of opening based on the most frequent usage of the Club during winter and the initial need to have entry and exit of members monitored. It also enables the Club cleaners to carry out the professional cleaning of the premises each afternoon. It would be great if we could move to a self-regulating and recording arrangement so that the hours of opening could be extended, but at present we are taking small steps to ensure that we are operating in line with our COVID-19 Safety Plan. The NSW Government requires Clubs and businesses to complete this safety plan and the Board has finalised the plan for the Club and it has guided the development of our procedures. In line with this we would also like to point out that the COVIDSafe app is available for Australians to down-load.
Use of the Top Room
Breakfast in the Top Room on weekends is on a first-in first-served basis. The room will be open from 8 -10am on Saturday and Sunday mornings. We still have to work with the 4sqm rule which limits the numbers allowed in the room, but if no seating is available you can wait in the top courtyard area until one becomes available or you can get take-away. You must enter the Club at the main door and sign in with one of the Guest Services crew. Payment will be contactless. Please use the hand sanitiser on entry.
At this stage Functions can be held on a limited basis. A maximum of 10 people at once. Please contact Ben of Function 8 (top room caterer) if you have any queries.
Outdoor Areas / BBQ’s
We expect to re-open these areas, on a limited basis, on weekend of 24/25 October. More information soon.
Swim / Athletic Races
Thank you to all those that competed on October 4th in our trial races and to the many helpers for making it happen. We received a lot of positive feedback and after the races, we had a COVID debrief meeting with a member of the BBC and BBCE COVID Committee. Therefore we are now in the process of refining the procedures to enable us to increase the numbers that can register for the swim.
The races will back on a regular basis from Saturday 17th October. The Charm 500 will also be held on and beyond Saturday 17th October starting at 8.15am.
At this stage visitors are not allowed to accompany you at the Club.
Other BBC Activities
Currently Story Tellers and Book Club are being conducted via Zoom.
Bridge and A Cappella Groups are suspended. Limited yoga sessions have returned to the Club and you can contact the convenors for times and instructions.
BBC Update Weekly Emails
As changes occur you will be notified via the weekly newsletter.
We trust you understand the changes in this unprecedented environment. Our highest priority is ensuring we provide a safe environment for all our members.
General enquries: email me