For our March meeting we’re going to the Cremorne Orpheum Picture Palace!!
Why you may ask?
- Since 2005 the club has supported the annual Balmoral Swim for Cancer. The event has continued to grow in popularity and funds raising. Close to $1.2 million dollars has been raised through swim entries and donations for the Children’s Cancer Institute in their mission to eliminate Childhood Cancer.
- This year’s swim is coming up in a couple of weeks’ – 7th April.
- One of our club members, Kieran Kelly, and a group of young film makers, have spent the last year shooting and editing a documentary feature “Spreading Hope” dealing with the traumatic impact of childhood cancer on families and some initiatives being made to fund research into the disease.
- So on Thursday (NOT the usual Tuesday) 28th March at 6:00pm you are invited to attend BBC Storytellers at the premiere of “Spreading Hope”. You will be able to have a drink or two and some canapes, see a viewing of the film and the chance to meet the crew.
- Due to the size of the theatre it is a ticket only event and we can't let people in on the night or allow people to pay at the door. The Cremorne Orpheum is very strict about this.
- There are about 40 tickets left. Note tickets are not free. $10 per head which will cover drinks and canapes.
- If you would like to join us and meet the crew, you can book via the link below.
- Husbands/Wives/partners/children all welcome.
- This is rather a one-off for the Storytellers and I would ask that you support this event.